Crawford COVID Protocols – Fall 2020 and Winter 2021
In response to the increasing incidence of COVID cases in Massachusetts, the Governor’s recent tightening of restrictions related to COVID, the code yellow and red in Winchester and some of the surrounding towns, and our Bishop’s strong recommendations for UMC congregations to refrain from in-person services, Church Council, in conversation with Trustees and Pastor Anne, has adopted the following protocols and guidelines for church gatherings during the fall of 2020 and winter of 2021.
- Church building will remain closed except for essential maintenance activities.
- Church services will be held remotely via ZOOM and other media except for an in-person outdoor service with live broadcast (communion and blessing of the greens) on December 6. Later first Sunday and holiday services will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Watch the Messenger for details.
- Church group meetings will be held via ZOOM.
- The tent will be taken down for the winter before the December 6 service until beginning of April due to the potential damage from snow and ice.
- Small groups can meet in-person outdoors at the church provided COVID protocols are followed: Masks at all times, social distancing, no food or drink, wiping down any surfaces.
We know there is a strong need for personal connection during this time – we encourage everyone to make an extra effort to reach out to one another and just keep in contact. If you need help with anything or are just having a down day, please contact the Pastor or one of your Crawford family friends. We are all here to provide support for every person among Crawford’s large and diverse group of members and friends.
We also encourage you to remember those in our community who are facing real challenges with daily life by donating food to our “front porch pantry” – that is being emptied and refilled on a daily basis, and sometimes more than once a day. Please watch the weekly Messenger for notices about other ways you can contribute.